Fleet Air Arm Museum

Ashmansworthy, Alminstone and Stroxworthy classes enjoyed a fantastic day out to the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Somerset. We took part in 3 activities. Firstly, we learnt more about the evacuees in the war and made a gas mask box. At one point the air raid siren went off and we all had to shelter under the table! Our next activity was investigating artefacts from the second world war.The children had to find clues from the different objects, documents and photos and deduce what they were for and who used them. Our final activity was finding out about aircraft carriers. After flying in a helicopter simulation, we landed on the flight deck of the HMS Ark Royal where we could experience what is was like with a Phantom strike fighter and a Buccaneer fighter-bomber flying around us on giant screens. We finished by going aboard Concorde, learning about how it developed and visiting the cockpit. The children were fantastic-their behaviour was exemplary and the way they talked to each other and the staff about what they were learning was outstanding. Well done everybody.

2 responses on Fleet Air Arm Museum

1. It was so fun making the Gas mask boxes,going on the Concorde and also going on the Simulator! I was so excited when I found out we were going on the fastest passenger plane ever! Just seeing all the different planes was mind blowing!!!!!!! I had a great time and when I went on the Simulator my whole body was vibrating so, so much. It was fun and I had a great time.

Skip to toolbar