Lundy Island

Years 4, 5 and 6 had a fantastic time on their trip to Lundy yesterday. We enjoyed a calm journey over on the MS Oldenburg before meeting Beccy and Connor, the Lundy Wardens who took us around the island. We were lucky enough to have Francis as well who visited out school a few weeks ago.

When we arrived we walked up the hill to the Marisco Castle where we had lunch before visiting Benson’s Cave. Then we walked to Rocket Pole Pond on the way to The Devil’s Cauldron, a collapsed sea cave 70 deep. Next we walked to the old lighthouse and climbed the spiral steps all the way to the top to look at the amazing view of the island. After that it was on to “Earthquake” then Jenny’s Cove where we looked for puffins. We walked across the island along the halfway wall

, back through the farm to the shop for a well deserved ice-cream before our round-the-island boat-ride where we were lucky enough to see dolphins, puffins and seals. The boat-ride home gave us opportunity to see an even bigger pod of dolphins and a few more sea-birds.

We all had an amazing day and the children’s behaviour was impeccable. The were polite and courteous, chatting to other visitors, sharing their binoculars and helping each other. It was a privilege to be able to take them on such a special trip. Thank you everybody.

Here are some of the photos that the children took…

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

5 responses on Lundy Island

1. Thank you for letting us go to lundy.My favourite part was the old lighthouse.I accidently sat in some poo!I enjoyed the day and I hope everyone else did too.:)

2. I’ve cycled 3 times the length of lundy but it felt alot longer when you walk and we didn’t even go the intier island!

Alot of fun loved doing it, love to go again!

3. What an amazing trip! everything about it was fantastic. I cant believe that we saw dolphins too and so close to the boat. The light house was so tall you could barely see the top. The safari of different birds, it was all fabulous. Thankyou to all our teachers that made this trip possible. I am going to be talking about this for a very long time.

Skip to toolbar