Lundy Island 2019

A fantastic day was has by Ashmansworthy class yesterday when we visited Lundy Island. After a slightly (!) lumpy trip on MS Oldenburg, we arrived to be greeted by Sian, the warden who was our guide for the day. We walked up the road to the top of the island spotting wild flowers as we went. We had a quick snack break, then on to Jenny’s Cove where we went puffin spotting. Luckily for us, there were loads, and we could see them clearly through our binoculars and Sian’s telescope. Our next stop was the Old Lighthouse where we climbed all the way to the top to see stunning 360 degree panoramic views of the island. After a quick stop at the shop, it was off to Benson’s Cave to see where Thomas Benson kept his prisoners in the 1750s. We were treated to a fantastic dolphin display on the ride back who stayed with us for ages, jumping and spinning through the waves. It was a magical day on a magical island, and it was a privilege to share it with such an amazing group of well behaved children. Thanks for making it such a special day!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

23 responses on Lundy Island 2019

1. Thanks for asking me to come along on such a brilliant trip, you were all so enthusiastic and interested.

2. WHAT AN AMAZING DAY . I loved seeing all of the pretty and cool animals from Lundy Islands . Best trip ever thank you Miss. buttler for an amazing day at Lundy Island .

3. I had so much fun, my favourite part was seeing the dolphins on the way back to Bideford. I also liked seeing the puffins.

4. WOW! I absolutely loved Lundy Island it was a life-time experience it was so fun and exciting I would definitely go again! The boat was a bit rocky on the way but on the way back I was amazed by the dolphins. They were really lovely.

5. I think that going to Lundy was great!!!
    I got to see dolphins on the way back! They were really close to the boat, it was amazing. A lot of people got sick on the boat but I was one of the people who did not get sick, which was good!

6. I enjoyed the dolphins because it was the first time seeing dolphins and I thought that the puffins looked amazing but I found the cave very odd and messed up.

7. I really enjoyed Lundy Island and my favorite part was when we saw the animals like dolphins and puffins.

8. I had a great time at Lundy Island! I really enjoyed seeing the dolphins on the MS Oldenburg. I also enjoyed climbing the old lighthouse and adventuring the smugglers cave where they had kept prisoners which wrote their names into the stone which were meant to be sailed to America but instead were taken to Lundy and worked as personal slaves building the walls that separate the Island.

9. I really enjoyed seeing the puffins and dolphins. Thank you for the support.

10. I had a wonderful time at lundy, we saw lots of farm animals, we made post cards and we had a great view of the puffins. We even saw dolphins jumping up next to the boat as we sailed along the sea. We explored a cave which slaves had died in and had wrote their names up on the walls.

11. Man that’s a long way down. I wouldn’t like to fall down πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†

12. I really loved Lundy because of seeing the dolphin and seeing the crashed German plan.Thank you to Miss Butler, Mrs Nicolls, Mr Cole, Jannie Sarah

13. Thank you all the helpers for the support and hope Mrs Heywood not got sea sick anymore.

14. I really enjoyed Lundy, I talked about it all evening! I really enjoyed seeing the puffins they were so cute!

Skip to toolbar