Newsletter: 17th January 2020
Posted on January 16, 2020 | By Mr Cole | 2 responses
Spring Term Clubs
Please remember that you only need to fill this out for after school clubs. We are also running some drop-in lunchtime clubs which the children are already aware of if they’re eligible to come along. Thanks.
As I expect you’ll remember, Harbour is the Bideford charity supporting homeless and deprived people in our locality. The school collected an amazing range of food items for their drop-in kitchen back at Harvest Time. This term, Eco Club will be collecting unwanted toileteries so please send in any you may have left over from Christmas. The children then make up gift bags for the charity and will send in at Easter. Donations of facecloths, toothpaste, deodorants, combs, shower gel and toothbrushes especially welcome! Thanks.
Please remember Global Voice are looking for raffle donations for their Edukid Disco next Friday. If you have anything suitable, please place it in the Edukid box in the Office Foyer. Thank you.
Catering Assistant Vacancy
Required from 1st February someone to help in our busy school kitchen, Mon – Friday 11.30 – 1.15. Term time only. Duties include assisting with food preparation, getting the dining hall ready for service, helping to serve lunches and clearing up afterwards. Some experience of working in a kitchen is desirable but not essential, but an ability to relate well to children and adults is essential. Food Hygiene Certificate training will be porvided if required.
This position is paid at Scale A £9.00 per hour.
For further information and application form, please see Sue in the school office
Motorised Lego Workshop
Barnstaple Library are running a motorised Lego workshop on the Wednesday of half term week (19th February) between 10am and 12 noon. More details are available on Facebook or from the library. Tickets are £5 in advance from the Library.
Please come along and join the first Scout Group fundraising event of the year. Test your knowledge of a range of subjects, whilst having a giggle too. Teams of 6, £5 per head to include some nibbles. Please book early in advance because teams are limited. To book a team see the 1st Woolsery Scout Group facebook page.
Saturday 1st February at Woolsery Social Club. Doors open at 7 for a 7.30 start.
There will be a raffle too. Please bring any unwanted presents.
All funds raised will be used to assist the newly started sections at Woolsery. As we are a new group, we have lots pieces of kit and materials we would like to purchase. The money will also help with running costs.
Family Group Points
This term, we only work towards a single Family Group Treat as there are so few weeks leading up to Easter! The children came up with some suggestions for the next treat – ranging from the usual “day off school” to a “day at the beach” (in March…!). In the end, we’ve settled for a Crazy Hair Day for the winning Family Group which will take place on Friday 27th March. Here are the points for the first two weeks of term:
- Oak 99
- Willow 91
- Sycamore 88
- Beech 85
- Hazel 82
- Elder 72
- Silver Birch 64
It’s still very early days, but well done to Oak Family Group who have a slim lead for the first time ever! – Let’s hope you can keep your top position…
Well done to everyone who received one of the first Headteacher Awards for this Term:
- Cranford: Riley – trying so hard with his work this week; Cadey – truing really hard with writing. Well done for starting your book!
- Burscott: Jamie – stretching himself with all his work and continually challenging himself across the curriculum; Rebecca – outstanding reading and developing her understanding of what she is reading.
- Stroxworthy: Allan – designing a great character for his legend; Lola – consistently working hard in all lessons
- Alminstone: Molly – Showing great perseverance in maths this term, leading to good success. Keep it up, Molly!; Alyssa – super effort in maths this term leading to great success – well done!
- Ashmansworthy: Lizzie – always working hard to produce work of a high quality and making good progress in all your learning; Gianni – listening well and asking sensible questions during the zoo visit and Mr Prutch’s presentation
- Saturday: Australian Bushfire Relief Fund coffee morning at School
- Tuesday: Year 5 and 6 to Atlantic Academy (am) Sports Festival
- Wednesday: Mr Cole and Mrs Farmer to meeting all day. (No Forest School for Alminstone Class)
- Friday: Mr Cole and Mr Davies to meeting all day. (No Forest School for Ashmansworthy Class). Edukid Disco 5:30 – 7pm. (Preschool & Reception children must be accompanied by a parent)