Newsletter: 27th November 2020
Posted on November 27, 2020 | By Mr Cole
Season’s Greetings from Team Woolley!
The children have been very busy helping us prepare for some festive fun. Firstly, thank you for all your amazing Christmas card designs and a special well done to Elliot, Elouise and Josh for being chosen to go on this year’s Christmas cards – now available to buy in Woolsery Stores.
From next week we will be putting up the Christmas Lotto Tree outside school on Thursdays (top gate) and Fridays (bottom gate) at pick-up time. Choose a bauble from the tree to play and you could win half the takings – up to £50! Only £1 to play. The children have been busy decorating all the baubles so the more people who play the brighter the tree will become! Winners will be announced Friday evening so be sure to follow our Facebook page to find out if it’s you.
Christmas Lunch – Last Orders!
Please remember if you would like your child to enjoy this year’s Christmas Dinner it needs to be ordered by 9:30am next Monday. You can do this via the ScoPay app. This is due to the date we need to order our meat by so you won’t be able to book a lunch after that time. This year, Christmas lunch will be served in classrooms but we will have the usual delicious meal, crackers and so on. Children will be encouraged to wear a Christmas jumper for the day and each class will have party activities organised for the afternoon. We will be delivering all of this in a Covid-secure environment in order to keep our bubbles intact. Christmas Dinner Day is the last Tuesday of term – 15th December. Meals for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are free under the universal free school meals scheme, for other year groups the cost is £2.30.
Huge thanks once again to Merry Harriers Nursery who will be supplying this year’s Christmas Tree for the school. This year, the tree will be on the outside of the school and we very much hope your child enjoys seeing it!
Covid Information Page
As promised, the school’s Covid information is now all in one place. It can be found on the menu for this site, just under the Newsletter link.
Just a reminder that the deadline for ordering photos without having to pay the excess £5 delivery cost is Monday 7th December. You will need to visit the tempest orders website www.tempest-orders.co.uk and use the code on the print out sent home on the day the photos were taken.
Preschool Sessions for Next Term
Booking for Spring Term 2021 Preschool sessions is still open. As with last term, booking is all online via a Google Form. All bookings need to be completed by Monday 7th December so we can arrange staffing. Please use this link to access the form: https://forms.gle/CaFtTZZpC8sdbwj46
Free School Meals
Please remember that even if you already take the Universal Free School Meals for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 which is available nationally, we need you to also sign up for income-based Free School Meals via the Devon County Council Website. This is because the school receives significant additional funding to support your child’s learning, called Pupil Premium, for all eligible families. This can be spent on additional resources for your child, offsetting the cost of trips and visits or other costs associated with school. We do not get this payment via the Universal Free School Meals so it is very important that you complete the confidential registration, even if your income circumstances are temporary. This is because your child will continue to receive the funding for six years from the sign up date even if your financial situation improves. These are the qualifying benefits for signing up:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
To register for free school meals, please follow this link: https://www.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/school-information/school-meals
Well done to everyone who gained a Headteacher’s Award in today’s virtual assembly…
- Cranford Class: Poppy – trying really hard to write her name; Maggi – an amazing sentence on her warning poster
- Burscott Class: Tommy – excellent measuring skills in Forest School making stars; Riley – excellent tool safety skills in Forest School making stars
- Stroxworthy Class: Alfie – good concentration and hard work; Cobain – becoming more confident
- Alminstone Class: Ralph – a really positive attitude and showing real maturity in paired work this week; Aaron – a huge improvement in written work
- Ashmansworthy Class: Josie – good scientific reasoning with her dissolving investigation; Isla-Mae – Using excellent vocabulary in her Moonfleet story
Have a great weekend, everyone – we can’t wait to see you all next week!
Matt Cole, Headteacher