Newsletter: 4th January 2021

Hello, and welcome back to Woolsery Primary School…

I hope you had a lovely Christmas break and that your child is refreshed and ready for the new term.

I wanted to contact all parents today, our first day back, as the national situation is once again so volatile. This is not the start of term we’d hoped for!

Although at the moment we are very happy and relieved to be open, I think it’s a strong possibility that over the coming days or weeks we will once again be told to close our doors to the majority of our pupils.  Should this happen, we want to be as prepared as we possibly can for another period of Remote Learning and Keyworker Provision.

Remote Learning will be a little different to what your child experienced in the Spring as regulations have been tightened by the Department for Education. There will be an expectation that ALL children engage daily with their learning via our Google Classroom portal, this can no longer be optional and the school has been instructed to follow up on families that don’t engage. There will be more learning set and more face-to-face contact (via Google Meet) between your child and their teacher or Teaching Assistant. We therefore need to assess your technical ability to support your child’s Remote Learning if that once again becomes necessary.

Keyworker Provision in school will also look different to the old Kennerland Club we ran in the Spring and Summer Term. Depending on anticipated take-up we plan for this to be a more school-like experience with children being taught in like-ability or like-age groups. Once we know the likely number attending, we will let you know more about our plans. Please remember that in the event of a closure, Keyworkers should only take up the offer of provision if they have no other childcare options.

To help with this planning, I am asking all families to urgently complete the Google Form below. If at all possible, I would like this to be completed today to give us maximum planning time. You only need to submit one response for all of your children.

Link to the Form: https://forms.gle/ck1aFAJBhUoup39p8

Once we have received a large proportion of replies, I will be in touch again with further information about our Remote Learning offer.

As always, please remember all our up to date Covid-related information is online HERE, including instructions for accessing Google Classroom and how to perform a home Covid test.

Thank you so much for your continued support. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or worries – whilst I might not have any answers at the moment, I might be able to help!

With very best wishes,

Matt Cole

Headteacher

Skip to toolbar