Newsletter – 7th June 2019
Posted on June 7, 2019 | By Mr Cole
As you will know, we had to take the decision to postpone the whole school photo this week due to the weather. We have re-scheduled this with Alan Schofield for Monday afternoon next week. As before, if you have a child in Sunflowers who isn’t usually on session at that time, you are welcome to bring them in to be in the photo but if course you will need to stay with them. We will also take the Y6 Leavers’ photo at the same time.
Please remember that tomorrow (Saturday) is Ashmansworthy Class’ Beach Clean at Westward Ho!. Please come along if you can and support the class, and do your bit for the environment too. Equipment is supplied, but you may want to bring your own gloves.
Children who are members of Beavers, Cubs and Scouts who come along can use this activity towards their Recycle Devon Badge……ask your section leader for more information!
Just a reminder that Burscott and Stroxworthy Classes are visiting Rosemoor next Wednesday. If you’ve not yet let us know whether your child wants a packed lunch supplied by the school, please could you do so on Monday, thank you.
Unfortunately, Mrs Farmer has a meeting after school on Wednesday so there will be no running club next week.
Please remember that Friday 21st June is Sports Day. As mentioned in an earlier Newsletter, we will start at 11am with a new line-up of carousel events and races. Parents and family are welcome to come along from 11am. At lunchtime, Dave will be running the Barbecue in place of regular school meals. Children’s BBQ will be ordered and paid for in the usual way but adults can also order a meal using the Google Form here: https://forms.gle/QznP12NXHfHECzD9A Meals for adults will be £3.50 each with a choice of Burger or Hot dog (and vegetarian equivalents).
Just a reminder for Y6 children going on the Adventure International residential at the end of the month, children’s spending money must be paid into school (cash only please – maximum of £15) by 21st June. Also, and cheques for T-Shirts made payable to Adventure International, not the school. This year the centre have expanded their range and now offer the following items (Please write on the back of your cheques what it is you are paying for, thanks):
- AI T-shirt £10
- AI Hoodie £18.50
- AI Cap or Beanie £8
Use of toilets after school
If your child needs the school toilets after school has finished, for example after a club or playing on the field, please could you make sure they come to the office to be let back into the school. The toilets are being cleaned at this time and it’s important your child is not in the toilets at the same time as the cleaning staff, or that they have access to the cleaning chemicals. They will be accompanied to an available toilet, which may not be the ones they normally use in school time. Thank you.
Well done to everyone Who has gained a Headteacher Award this week for impressing their teachers in class…
- Cranford: Oliver – being king to friends; Arthur – trying hard with writing this week.
- Burscott: Genevieve – showing determination to improve in everything she does; Jackie – always smiling.
- Stroxworthy: Owen – working hard with his handwriting; Imogen M-G – using speech marks accurately in her writing.
- Alminstone: Roy – Staying focused when working; Aiden – Being responsible in class.
- Ashmansworthy: Charlie P – working hard to include a range of punctuation and effective vocabulary in his storywriting; Kyson – working hard to write a story this week.
- Saturday: Beach Clean – Westward Ho! 2pm
- Monday: Mr Cole and Miss Butler in meetings AM – Miss Huszars supply. Whole School Photo (PM) , Marine Litter Workshop (Stroxworthy Class)
- Tuesday: Governors Meeting (am)
- Wednesday: Burscott and Stroxworthy classes to RHS Rosemoor all day. No running club
- Thursday: Mr Cole (DTSA)
- Friday: Mrs Miles out all day
With best wishes,
Matt Cole, Headteacher.